Hall of Fame (Re)Construction
As some of you know, the Rebel Federation has historically featured a Hall of Fame. Originally, this Hall of Fame was only used in one of the divisions (cough), but with the expansion to a multi-division organization, I’ve been meaning to remodel the Hall of Fame to accommodate for those changes, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Except for now.
A History of the Rebel Federation Hall of Fame
Because in order to understand where we’re going, we have to understand where we’ve been.
Originally, the Rebel Federation’s Hall of Fame had three tiers, each going by the title “X Legend”. They were originally:
- Red Legend (Legend) — A Legend is defined as anyone who has done a plethora of things to influence RF’s wellbeing for the better in both the short and long-term.
- Blue Legend (Generation Legend) — A Generation Legend is anyone who has done one to two things to influence RF’s wellbeing for the better in either the short or long-term.
- Black Legend (Great Soldier) — A Great Soldier is any soldier who remained active for a long time, showed up to most events, helped everyone out, and was generally a good guy.
Over time, the Rebel Federation reached a size large enough where one’s notability could not be grouped into only three categories, and it became necessary to add a fourth one. The remodel to the Hall of Fame, performed by Silverburg, went as follows:
- Legend — The highest honor available in the RF. Given to those who have accomplished the most in the army. The people you see holding this prominent title are the peak of what you can become in the RF, and you should strive to work as hard as they have so that one day, you can call yourself a Legend as well.
- Icon — While not quite a total legend, these people have had a mass influence on the Rebel Federation, and through tremendous strength and courage contributed to the RF in a positive way, and helped continue the RF’s legacy honorably. They have proven themselves to be, well, iconic.
- Hero — These people, through great strength, have achieved the title of “Hero”. They have done their part to help the RF be successful for years to come, and help RF secure victory countless times.
- Rebel — The name speaks for itself. The title of “Rebel” is given to those who through considerable strength helped RF and were always loyal, proving themselves a true soldier.
The issue with the previous two systems is that they only really apply to divisions, but RF is bigger than that. So without further ado, I would like to present a reconstruction of the previous Hall of Fame tiers, adjusting to accommodate for RF-wide recognition.
- Legend — The name speaks for itself. Represented by the color gold, a Legend in the Rebel Federation is someone who has made a permanent contribution to help the Rebel Federation as a whole achieve greatness.
- Paragon — A paragon is someone who is regarded as the perfect example. Named after a perfect diamond of 100 carats or more, Paragons are represented by the color diamond. A Paragon in the Rebel Federation is someone who has made a semi-permanent contribution to help the Rebel Federation as a whole achieve greatness.
- Icon — An icon is someone who is regarded as worthy of veneration. Represented by the color ruby, an Icon in the Rebel Federation is someone who has made a permanent contribution to help their division achieve greatness.
- Hero — A hero is someone who is admired for their outstanding achievements. Represented by the color emerald, a Hero in the Rebel Federation is someone who has made a semi-permanent contribution to help their division achieve greatness.
- Silver & Bronze Medal — Recognized only in the scope of divisions, the Silver and Bronze Medals are reserved for Division Commanders to award to Officers and Members, respectively, of their divisions who have displayed great loyalty and activity throughout their service in their division.
Changes to the Hall of Fame members’ statuses will be occurring throughout the week, stay tuned for updates.
Oh yeah, and fight the good fight.
—Twitchy543, RF Administrator